ASTT’s 2021 Annual Conference
The 18th of September saw the 6th Annual Conference of the Advanced Steam Traction Trust. A return to the normal format of hosting the conference in person was also boosted by the addition of a zoom call allowing for our overseas membership to partake in the Q&A sessions win the presentations as well as offering their knowledge and experience.
With the success of the Zoom feature, ASTT conferences will look to host both the conferences and AGMs with a dial in feature.
With seven presentations as well as a visit to the Stapleford Railway the 2021 conference covered a lot of material.
The presentations are available for viewing by members using the link below.
The presentations covered are as follows:
- USA – The Zenith of Steam – (David Pawson)
- Why did BR give up on Steam? Part 2 (Andrew Hartland)
- Turbine Locomotives 1910 -1960 (Joseph Cliffe)
- A Fireless Future for Heritage Steam (Hendrik Kaptein)
- Running on the Mainline with Clan Line (Alex Powell)
- The Search for a Coal Substitute (John Hind)
- Revolution Update (Jamie Keyte)