Reply To: GPCS – is it the solution for poor coal

Home Forums Fuels and Combustion GPCS – is it the solution for poor coal Reply To: GPCS – is it the solution for poor coal

Chris Newman
Keymaster

There’s a copy of H. Herma’s paper “BROWN COAL DUST FIRING FOR LOCOMOTIVES” in Victoria, Australia, on the 5AT website. I transcribed it into digital format a few years ago. It’s linked to a page titled “With the prospect of ever-rising oil prices, should the 5AT’s design be based on the use of coal?

I also have a digital copy of a paper by John L. Buckland titled “PULVERISED BROWN COAL FUEL FOR STEAM LOCOMOTIVES” published in the Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin Vol XXIII No 417 July 1972 if anyone wants it. Also Chapter 9 from a book by Robert Carlisle and Bill Abbott titled “Hudson Power” published by the Australian Railway Historical Society Victorian Division in 1985, which describes the conversion of three Victorian Railways locomotives to PBC Dust Firing. Both interesting papers if I remember rightly. I can post them onto AST’s website if anyone wants them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Chris Newman.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Chris Newman.