Links directly related to the AST Group include:
- The 5AT Project: http://5at.co.uk;
- Advanced Steam facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/advanced.steam/.
The following lists websites containing useful content relating to “modern steam”:
- Wikipedia page on 5AT Locomotive titled “5AT Advanced Technology Steam Locomotive“
- Wikipedia page on Modern Steam titled “Advanced Steam Technology“
- Chapelon website: http://www.chapelon.net/
- Ing. Livio Dante Porta: http://www.martynbane.co.uk/modernsteam/ldp/ldp.htm
- Extensive information on modern steam subjects covering all the well known engineers and some less well known ones: http://www.martynbane.co.uk/; in addition, several thousand of Martyn Bane’s modern steam related photographs including over 50 photos of Porta’s original locomotive “Argentina” can be found at http://www.modernsteam.fotopic.net/;
- Hugh Odom’s “Ultimate Steam Page”: http://www.trainweb.org/tusp/
- Don Ashton’s Valve Gear website: http://www.donashton.co.uk
- John Johnston’s Green Loco website: http://www.greenloco.com/
- James Mullaney’s modern steam website at http://homepage.eircom.net/~ngenerationsteam.
- Ian Gaylor’s “Steam Loco Design” website at http://www.steam-loco-design.co.uk/.
- The 762 Club which aims to resurrect a “modern steam” version of the Baldwin No 762 2-4-2T which ran on the legendary narrow-gauge Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in North Devon.
- K3/K6 Project: http://k3steam.com
- Modern Steam page of “Garrattfan’s Model Railroading Pages”: http://www.modelrailroading.nl/Modern%20Steam/ModernSteamIndex.htm
Other useful websites containing useful content relating to steam traction and new-build steam projects include:
- Prince of Wales P2 Project: https://www.p2steam.com/
- LNWR ‘George V project: http://lnwrgeorgevtrust.org.uk/
- Steam Locomotive Knowledge Base: http://www.steamlocomotive.com/
- Rob Dickenson’s “International Steam Pages”: http://www.internationalsteam.co.uk/trains/newsteam/modern.htm
- Coalition for Sustainable Rail: http://www.csrail.org/
- 73082 Camelot Locomotive Society: http://www.73082-camelot.com/
- International Steam Locomotives: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/steam/
- Britain’s steam car speed record attempt: http://www.steamcar.co.uk/Challenge/index.htm
- Umgeni Steam Railway in South Africa: http://www.umgenisteamrailway.co.za
- Reef Steamers in South Africa: http://www.reefsteamers.co.za/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
- RSA Trainz – developing 3D virtual models of South African Railways steam locomotives including The Red Devil: http://rsatrainz.com/
- A website focussing on “New Build Steam” can be found at http://newbuildsteam.wordpress.com/
- An English-language website focussing on French Compound locomotives: http://thierry.stora.free.fr/english/main.html
- An English language website focussing on new build steam (including the 5AT) can be found at http://newbuildsteam.com/
And here’s one link that leads to information about all sorts of wonderful steam concepts, new and not-so-new: